The Municipal Clerk serves as Chief Administrator of Elections held in the municipality.
If you have recently moved to Plumsted Township, or are changing your name/address, you must fill out a voter registration form. The form is available in the Municipal Clerk’s office or online at http://www.co.ocean.nj.us/electionboard/.
The deadline to register to vote is 21 days prior to the election.
Voting by mail is an available option for all registered voters. Applications to vote by mail must be received by the County Clerk’s office seven days before an election. You may apply in person at the Ocean County Clerk’s office up until 3 pm the day before the election. The application is available in the Municipal Clerk’s office or online at http://www.state.nj.us/state/elections/voting-information-vote-by-mail.html.
Further information about elections may be found at the State of New Jersey’s website, http://www.state.nj.us/state/elections/index.html .
2018 Election Dates
- February 17, 2018 Fire District Election - polls open 2-9 pm
- June 5, 2018 Primary Election - polls open 6 am - 8 pm
- October 2, 2018 - Special School Election
- November 6, 2018 General Election & School Board Election – polls open 6 am-8 pm
- District 1 - New Egypt Firehouse, 59 Main Street
- District 2 - New Egypt First Aid, 32 Brynmore Road
- District 3 - Jensen's Deep Run Community, 20 Longview & Summit
- District 4 - Plumsted Municipal Building, 121 Evergreen Road
- District 5 - New Egypt Firehouse, 59 Main Street
- District 6 - Plumsted Municipal Building, 121 Evergreen Road