Streetlights brighten up a community and help keep it attractive and safe. Help keep streetlights working as they should by letting JCP&L know when lights are in need of repair. If you see a streetlight out, please contact JCP&L so that repairs can be made.
To report a streetlight outage:
- Call the automated outage reporting line at 1-888-LIGHTSS (1-888-544-4877). For faster service, use the phone number associated with your account and say “streetlight problem” after the greeting.
- Visit www.firstenergycorp.com, and select Jersey Central Power & Light.
- Under Outages, click on “Report Streetlight Problems.”
When you contact JCP&L, let them know the following:
- Your name and phone number, in case they need more information.
- Address where the streetlight is located – nearest house or business address and the nearest cross street.
- The number on the pole.
- The problem with the streetlight. For example: damaged pole, light fixture is broken, the light is on during the day, the light is out or the light flickers.